Immediate tooth implant in Lucknow, India
Immediate implants means that a decayed or fractured tooth is removed and implant is placed at the same time in the same socket with some osteotomy preparation .
What is the procedure :-
- 1. The infected or fractured tooth is removed .
- 2. Site is curetted and cleaned with antiseptic solution to clean all residual infection .
- 3. The site is than drilled with sequential drills for implant placement .The advantage is that here the drilling is very minimal as after extraction the site has a hole that just need slight shaping for implant placement .Than the implant is placed .
- 4. Implant is left to integrate with bone for 2-3 months depending on the site .
- 5. After 2-3 months impression is made and crown is placed over implant
There are many questions that may come in your mind before a immediate implant :-
1) Do my old infected tooth can lead to infection in my implant ?
Answer is Yes BUT it depends on the condition , a normal infection that can be curretted out , does not cause any problem and a implant can be placed at the same time , but a tooth with pus drainage and purulent infection should not be implanted at the same time .So the site should be evaluated before placement .
2) what are the advantages of immediate implant :
- It prevents need of a second time surgery for implant placement after extraction .
- Very less drilling and surgical trauma as site is already prepared .
- a extracted socket is a contained defect (this type of defect has good bone fill and regeneration ) and thus implant integration with the bone is of high quality .
- Most important this reduces the time required for the treatment by 4-5 months .