Multiple Tooth implant in Lucknow, India
Multiple missing teeth may be required to replace more than one missing teeth .Tooth can be lost due to many reasons like :-
- 1. Caries :- Long term caries if not treated cause destruction of teeth beyond repair and further infection and pain .This may require extraction.
- 2. Trauma :-Accident , fractures can lead to loss of many teeth.
- 3. Pyorrhea(Chronic generalized Periodontitis ):-This is due to poor oral hygiene and sometimes due to genetic reason and can lead to many mobile teeth which may require extraction .
- 4. Anodontia or Oligodontia:- There are many patients who have missing teeth from birth .This require replacement with Implants
When more than one teeth are missing , this may cause many problems like :-
- 1. Non aesthetic smile , and hesitating in smiling
- 2. Difficulty in chewing , due to absence of teeth
- 3. Bad breadth , due to sites of food lodgment in spaces between teeth.
- 4. Drifting of adjacent teeth.
- 5. Increased chances of pyorrhea due to migration of teeth and food lodgment.
So to avoid all these problems it is always better to get your missing teeth replaced at the time they are lost ,Whether they are one , two or more teeth.
PATIENT QUERY 1 :- How many Implants do we require to replace multiple missing teeth ?
It is always best to replace each missing tooth with a Implant , but in many cases like where 3 tooth are missing two Implants can be placed and a bridge can be given over them .
Never a implant is connected to natural tooth with a bridge .
If five tooth are missing than 3 OR 4 implants are enough to replace 5 missing tooth, if bone quality is good .
PATIENT QUERY 2 :- How Long does my Implant will work?
This is a common question that each patient has in his mind . Long term studies have shown a success rate of over 99 % over a 10 year period . A correctly done implant with a good prosthesis over it works life long .
How important is prosthesis(Crown) that is fixed over implant ?
Most important for long term success of a implant is prosthesis over it .If prosthesis is not good than it lead to non AXIAL forces on implant that leads to failure .
WE AT EKDANTM USED BEST QUALITY GRADE 4 IMPLANTS AND GET THE PROSTHESIS IMPRESSION WITH POLYETHER MATERIAL (PENTAMIX )AND OPEN TRAY TEACHNIQUES WHICH IS THE BEST KNOWN MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE KNOWN WORLD WIDE . ALSO THE PROSTHETIC LAB WORK IS DONE FROM BEST LABS IN INDIA .
CASE 1 :- A patient with fractured Central and lateral incisor got replaced them by Implant to get the same aesthetic smile .
CASE 2 :- A female 60 year old patient had missing upper first molar and fractured lateral incisor , canine and first premolar .They were rehabilitatated with dental implants.